In this article we will guide you how you can install Bootloader of your Micromax IN Note 1.
Pre-requisite for unlocking the Bootloader
1. IN note 1 – with minimum charge level of 60%
2. 1 x USB C type Cable
3. 1 x PC/Mac Book
Procedure to unlock the Bootloader and flashing custom image
1. Make sure you have backed up your data, unlocking your phone will erase all your data.
2. Make sure your system is updated to the latest and official software version.
3. When device is switched on, Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Build Number (Tap this 7-times to enable Developer Options)
4. Connect the USB Cable.
5. Go to Settings -> Systems -> Developer Options -> USB Debugging -> Turn this on. (Refer below image) -> It will prompt for “Allow USB debugging?” -> press “Allow” Button.
6. Turn on OEM unlocking (Go to Settings -> Systems -> Developer Options -> OEM Unlocking (Turn this on) -> It will prompt with a pop up to “Allow OEM Unlocking” -> Press Enable button (Refer image below)
7. Download and Install the Android Platform Tools for your Device.
After installing these tools:
– Enter the command: adb reboot Bootloader
– Press “Enter” on your keyboard
– Wait till device enters in “fast boot” mode. Fast boot mode will reflect on the screen, refer the image below.
– Enter the command: fast boot flashing unlock
– It will show one screen as shown in the image below.
– On the screen it will prompt to press “Volume-up” to unlock Bootloader, or “Volume Down” to
cancel. If you have changed your mind, press volume down else press volume up (Unlock may
– You will see unlock Pass screen, as shown in the image below.
– If you want to flash your custom system image, then enter fast-boot mode.
– Enter the command: fast-boot reboot fast-boot.
Wait for the phone to boot up, as shown in the image below.
– For IN note 1 E7746, use Normal Android custom system image.
– Command for flashing: Fast-boot flash system <path of image where it is placed\system.img>
– Reboot device after flashing is done:
Things to Keep in Mind
1. After unlocking your phone ALL OF YOUR DATA WILL BE ERASED! Backup before you proceed.
2. Unlocking the Bootloader may have unforeseeable impacts on your phone.
3. Some functions may not operate properly because of third-party firmware- like the camera, audio functionality, etc. It can damage the device too.
4. Personal and confidential information on phone may get leaked and your privacy may get compromised.
5. Unlocking may modify some of the system functions and prevent you from updating the system version.
Kernel Code compatible with Android Q
Kernel code compatible with Android Q is available at this link –> git clone https://github.com/MicromaxOSS/note_1_a … kernel.git
Q1: How to re-lock the Bootloader?
If you have flashed custom system image, don’t lock the Bootloader, otherwise the device will not boot up.
If you have not used custom image, use the following commands from fast boot mode.
– Enter the command: fast boot flashing lock
– Press “Enter” on your keyboard
Q2: Are there any risks after unlocking the Bootloader?
Please be aware that Micromax can’t guarantee full functionality and will not be responsible, for any third-party unsigned custom ROM being flashed onto your device after the Bootloader is unlocked. An unsigned third-party custom ROM may not have gone through the thorough tests that we run for each device and software version that we release.
A third-party custom ROM may not work properly on your device, certain functions and services may cease to work. The performance and device data may also be affected and may damage the device permanently. In the worst case scenario, unlocking the Bootloader will cause physical injuries or material damage through explosion due to overheating of the device.
Q3: Will it affect future OTAs after unlocking?
Unlocking the Bootloader may cause for the secure user data partition to become inaccessible. Yet if you simply unlock the Bootloader (without flashing custom recoveries or rooting) you will still receive official software updates (OTAs).
But we cannot guarantee that you will still receive updates if you do operations other than simple unlocking the Bootloader (such as flashing custom recoveries, rooting, etc).
Once you re-lock the Bootloader and use the official recovery, you will receive official OTAs again.
Q4: Will it affect warranty?
Please refer to https://micromaxinfo.com/after_sale_service.
Q5: How to re-flash the official ROM after installing a custom ROM?
Users need to go to the nearest service centre to flash the device.